This post is intended to give you motivation and FIRE you up!!! (If it makes you mad, I apologize in advance).
Okay, guys. 2018 is just around the corner. Most of us make New Year’s Resolutions every year, but very few of us actually stick to it. I’m going to share with you how you can make your New Year’s Resolutions come true.
1. First, decide on a goal you want to achieve. I am going to use losing weight as an example, as it is a very popular goal.
2. List 3 things that you know you can do DAILY to help you achieve your goal (Please be realistic). For example:
A. 30 burpees
B. 30 push ups
C. 30 jumping jacks
Now, I know what you’re all going to say, you’re going to say, “Uh, that’s not going to work. How is doing that going to help me lose weight? It’s never going to happen. I just know it.” But guys, listen to me. The point is, you have to do this EVERYDAY. You think it doesn’t make a difference? Let’s assume there are 30 days in a month, that would mean by the end of the month, you have have completed 900 more burpees, 900 more push ups, and 900 more jumping jacks than the person who did nothing. However, THIS IS ONLY TRUE IF YOU DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU ARE GOING TO DO.
So, how can I/you ensure that you’ll do it? Honestly, I can’t. But I can tell you a way that might help you.
1. First, fold a piece of paper in half horizontally, then fold the piece of paper in half vertically (You should have 4 rectangles now).
2. On the top left hand rectangle, write down the 3 things you said you are going to do
3. On the top right rectangle, write down the following sentences:
I am serious about achieving my goal. I will take action today and do what I said I was going to do. I know I might not reach my goal yet, but I will be better than I was yesterday.
And then leave some space and write down
I am not going to take the effort to do what I said I was going to do. It is too much work. As a result, I shall remain in my current state.
4. On the top bottom left rectangle, write down: YES, I WILL DO IT
5. On the top bottom right rectangle, write down: NO, I WILL NOT DO IT
6. Everyday, read the 3 things you said you are going to do. Next, read the sentences and decide whether you will do it or not. If you do it, give yourself a point under the YES, I WILL DO IT column. If you do not do it, give yourself a point under the NO, I WILL NOT DO IT column (You should be giving yourself a point everyday, regardless whether you do it or not).
The reason why this might work is because now you realize and understand that YOU ARE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULT. You are the one with the power. You are the one making the choice.
If you choose not to do it, WELL THEN, YOU WILL REMAIN THE SAME. You will definitely NOT achieve your goal.
If you choose to do it, YOU MIGHT NOT REACH YOUR GOAL YET, but you are CLOSER THAN YOU WERE YESTERDAY.
DON’T GIVE YOURSELF EXCUSES. “I’M TOO TIRED.” “I’M TOO BUSY.” If you want something bad enough, you will make time. There is no “I would do it, but….” column. It’s either YOU DO IT, OR YOU DON’T DO IT. Focus on becoming better than you were yesterday.
Remember, being focused and disciplined is essential for achievement. Fortunately, they’re both within our control.
Now, do you want to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions or not? I know YOU CAN do it. But the question is, WILL YOU do it?
One of my resolutions is to finish translating Supernatural Girlfriend. Have you guys given it a try yet? It’s an unpredictable novel! You may think you know what’s going to happen, but you’ll be surprised again and again. Read it here!