Do you want to share an awesome story with the world? Hone your Chinese skills with flowery language? Or want to contribute to a faster pace of your favorite novels? Or have a team you’d like to join?
Why should I join the happy madhouse that’s Volare? 😀
- We have official licensing agreements with Zongheng, 17K, iReader, Xiang5, independent authors, and are in talks with traditional publishers. What this means is, not only do you have the freedom to select from their libraries, your translations are also 100% legitimate with no copyright concerns!
- Residual income is strong as we pay based on views, which means that a chapter you translated a year ago would continue to earn you money a year later. Add in two or three finished novels, and that’s a considerable sum every month!
- The company oversees the process of turning completed translations into ebooks. Which, when released, will also provide you with remuneration for your work, this includes any other adaptions of your translations.
- Access to a group of talented folks who share your passion and drive for the art of translating emotions and culture into another language, of crafting another world and capturing the essence of the author’s characterization of these wonderful characters.
- You retain ownership of your own work, with a say in how and where it’s used.
- Forget about tech work such as website/server upkeep, copyright negotiations, marketing, administrative work, etc. The company’s got that covered so all you need to do is focus on translating!
- We’re a vibrant community with support from some of the most entertaining readers around! We’re also frequently in the media, so your work will gain exposure from all around the world.
Want to join Volare but worried you aren’t up to snuff? No worries, we can train you!
- If your translation shows promise but isn’t 100% there yet, you’ll be offered a trainee position to join one of our novel teams instead.
- Taking into account your preferences and what’s available then, you will be paired with one of the active novels on Volare.
- Trainees will be given tips on how to improve. We’ll do our best to guide you along, but please only apply if you’re serious as you’ll be expected to police yourself and strive to improve on your own!
- When you graduate as a trainee, the world’s your oyster as for what novel you’d like to tackle on your own.
If you’d like to apply to be a translator, please translate the following blurbs and send it in with your application:
If you’d like to apply to be an editor, please send in your best take on the following sentence.
Please note that there are no style guides and no context, and therefore no textbook correct answer. We’re interested in what is your native writing style and your grasp of structure and flow. Please note that this is the first round, and you will be sent a second round if you pass.
Much less than the secular cultivators, looking at the changes on his body and the trump cards he now held, how many sect disciples could also boast of these conditions?
A translation checker is someone who understands both Chinese and English and would like to check the accuracy of translations.
Thank you for sending in an application! Due to the high volume we receive and the recruitment team having novel responsibilities of their own, there may be a delay between submission and a reply. Thank you for your patience.